Job descriptions for current board positions. If you are interested in any of these positions, please complete the Board of Directors application.
- Chief Executive Officer presides as Chairperson of the Board of Directors and all general meetings.
- Executes all policies and decisions made by the board.
- Coordinates all league activities and oversees all phases of league functions.
- Recommends the appointment and removal of appointees, subject to a majority vote of the board.
- Ex-officio member of all committees.
- Calls all meetings of the Board of Directors and established the agenda for each meeting.
- Votes only in the case of a tie vote of the board
- Assumes all duties of the president in the event of incapacity or at the request of the president.
- Assists the president in league activities.
- Acts as a communication link and coordinator between the board and teams.
- Deposits all funds of the League’s bank accounts.
- Prepares checks for the purpose of paying the bills and other expenses incurred in running the League. Properly record all payments.
- Signs checks in conjunction with the president. The treasurer may not sign any check that is payable to him/herself (i.e. reimbursement of expenses).
- Prepares the operating budget, based on data supplied by various committee chairpersons or board members and submits to the board for approval.
- Supplies the secretary with a copy of the Treasurer’s Reports at all board meetings.
- Submits complete financial report at the end of the league year to the Board of Directors.
- Makes available financial records to any general member upon approval of the board.
- Arranges for annual audit and submits all records necessary.
- Verifies the filling of all necessary state and federal tax and information forms buy the auditor.
- Keeps minutes of all board meetings
- Maintains the league records, including By-Laws, Policies and Rules, with any amendments to these documents properly recorded.
- Keeps a file of all committee reports.
- Sends copies of the board meeting minutes to the board members prior to the next meeting.
- Notifies board members of upcoming meetings.
- Conducts the general correspondence of the league.
- Organizes and executes registration.
- Maintains a current and complete file of registrations and membership. Information from the list is confidential and shall not be released except for board use when duly authorized.
- Passes on the completed coach’s applications to the board.
- Prepares and submits information required by ASA through Register ASA.
Snack Bar Director
- Responsible for presenting needed equipment purchases to the board for approval.
- Buying all necessary supplies.
- Accounting for and safeguarding all receipts and ensuring timely submission of same to treasurer.
- Arranging for snack bar facilities at each playing location.
- Arranging for staffing of all snack bars.
- Ensuring workers are at least 14 years old and that an adult/manager is scheduled for each shift.
- Arranging for the opening and the closing of the snack bar each day.
- Coordinating snack bar operations at all league sponsored tournaments.
- Responsible for maintaining the high quality of foodstuffs sold to the public by the league.
Field Maintenance Coordinator
- Recruits personnel to assist in the preparation of the fields prior to league play.
- Reports all dangerous and adverse field conditions to the AVCA Representative
- Develops security, accountability, maintenance and distribution of field service equipment to be used in league and tournament play including: pitching plates, bases, home plates, base lining equipment, related supplies, field dragging vehicle , field dragging equipment, equipment storage units and field marking material, etc.
- Oversees the preparation of the playing fields prior to scheduled league games and is the authority for declaring fields suitable for play.
- Procures new field service equipment and services field equipment.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all field equipment and batting cages used by the league.
- Acts as a liaison with the city and AVCA.
- Attends month AVCA meetings to ensure community understands league needs and community involvement.
- Advises the board on policy or other matters and issues affecting the league and its use of AVCP.
- Completes necessary paperwork for field use for both spring and fall seasons.
- Provides procurement, security, accountability and distribution of all equipment used in league play, including practices and tournaments, including: softballs, bats, catcher’s chest protectors, catcher’s mask with throat protectors, catcher’s shin guards, catcher’s helmets, batting helmets, portable batting nets, batting tees and pitching machines/balls, etc.
- Maintains a written record of equipment, as defined above, owned by the league.
- Develops and submits to the treasurer a detailed budget, identifying the quantity and cost of equipment outlined above that will be required to accommodate the enrollment projected by the board.
- Ensures check out and check in process each season to ensure equipment issued and returned.
- Responsible for the overall safety of all softball equipment used by the league.
- Obtains competitive bids for uniforms for spring, fall and All Star seasons and presents to board for approval.
- Coordinates with uniform vendor to purchase all necessary softball apparel.
- Maintains a current inventory of all uniforms and miscellaneous wearing apparel and issues uniforms to coaches before the beginning of league play and during the season as needed.
- Coordinates with spirit wear vendor to develop online store for parents and players, that provides brand consistency
Photo Day Coordinator
- Responsible for all aspects of team photos to include, but not be limited to, procuring a location, arranging for any required permits, scheduling photographer, scheduling and notifying teams, arranging make up day(s) as needed, and distributing photos.
- Present team photo process to team parents at pre-season meeting.
- Responsible for ordering and arranging for the distribution of trophies and awards for regular season play, playoffs and the all-star tournament.
- Coordinates all aspects of the annual all-star tournament, to include but not be limited to, coordination with area leagues for registration, procurement of fields and vendors, and organization of support staff.
Promotions/ Fund Raising/Social Media
- Responsible for league website to include but not be limited to:
- Announcements and information
- Team rosters and standings
- Game schedules
- Board of Directors roster
- Fun stuff (i.e. photos, stories, etc.)
- Responsible for advertising program to be held prior to spring and fall registration.
- Submits articles to local newspapers and other media with regard to games, activities, All-Star Tournament, league registration, game scores and league standings
- Manages all usage of league logo (eg. Swag, bumped stickers, banners, etc.), to ensure brand consistency
- Responsible for all aspects of coordinating the all-star season, which occurs immediately after the spring season.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Bring tournament selections to board to review and approve.
- Establish All Star budget and expenses to construct player costs.
- Reserve room block of hotels at travel tournament sites.
- Submit team registration paperwork to selected tournaments.
- Communicate All Star evaluation process and timing to parents via web, email and parent meeting.
- Ensure all ASA paperwork is completed and submitted timely.
- Communicate weekly updates to managers specific to tournament details.
Director of Player Personnel
- Coordinate team formation with the division agents/commissioners
- Passes on the completed coach’s applications to the appropriate division commissioners
- Leads all evaluations for each division
- Runs draft in each division, with Secretary and another Board member
- Coordinates Opening and Closing day events in Spring
- Fall events
- Monthly fundraising outings, organized with Fundraising Coordinator
- Oversees the hiring and scheduling of umpires for league games.
- Ensures that all umpires are ASA registered and will conduct meeting for exchanges of information on rule changes and interpretations.
- Has veto power over all umpires.
- Will arrange for protest committee to be available at any playoff game. Monitors the umpires throughout the season. Communicates umpire issues with the management of the umpire association.
- Works with the President/Vice President in setting up umpire/coaches meetings prior to the beginning of the spring league season to discuss current year rules.
Commissioners (14U/12U & under, 10 & under, 8 & Under and 6 & under)
- May not have a child playing or coach a team in the division they oversee.
- Assist the president in the activities of the league as directed.
- Are in direct charge of the identified division program.
- Assist in the organization and execution of tryouts and team formation.
- Recruit potential coaches as needed.
- Observe and report information on team, coach, and players from team and field level for future coach and All Star input
- Report to the Board any problem areas within the division.
- Review and submit for board approval any rules desired by division, which deviate from league rules.
- Shall hold up to three (3) meetings with the coaches in their division. It is suggested that these meetings be held at least:
- Soon after practice starts
- At the mid-season point
- Prior to playoffs