Parent Code of Conduct
• As a parent of a daughter in recreational youth softball with AVGS, I understand that a positive development of the children and healthy encouragement are the highest priorities.
• I realize that it is my responsibility as a parent to be sure my daughter attends all practices and games and arrives on time. I will communicate effectively with the coaches whenever my daughter is unable to attend a practice or game.
• I will praise my child for competing fairly and doing their best and make my child feel like a winner after every game regardless of the outcome. Parent & Player
• I agree to honor and uphold the rules of ASA and AVGS and the decisions of the AVGS Board of Directors and to familiarize myself with these rules for my (for my child’s) benefit.
• We (and our guests) agree to set a high moral and ethical example for all the children in the League, including but not limited to demonstrating fair play and good sportsmanship.
• We (and our guests) will demand a sports environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, profane language or vulgar gestures and will refrain from their use at all softball events.
• We agree that we are responsible for and will control ourselves and our guests and treat opposing coaches, players, umpires, and parents with courtesy and respect.
• We (and our guests) agree and understand that the umpire has final discretionary control over the game and agree to refrain from dissent or verbal or physical assaults.
• We understand that we (and our guests) may be ejected from the game/park for dissent with the umpire, coaches, families, or any other personnel on the playing field or at the park.
• We understand that we (and our guests) need to treat all managers and coaches with respect, both on and off the field.
• We agree that all disputes will be resolved through the AVGS Board.
• We understand that all grievances and disputes must be written and delivered to the AVGS Board to be considered.
• We will be responsible for the care, treatment and return of all AVGS property, fields and equipment when used by myself during practices and game play or any member of our family while fulfilling volunteer requirements or assisting coaches during games and practices.
• I (We) agree and understand that I (our daughter) will only wear the official uniform and safety equipment determined by the AVGS Board for all games and practices.
• We agree to and will ensure that our child treat other players coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, gender or ability.
• We understand that softball is “just a game” and that the children are the most important focus of our family’s participation in AVGS.
Parent Code of Conduct